It is nothing unusual to have a problem getting out of bed in the morning, especially, if we don´t get up after the first alarm. If you postpone the alarm once, it should not be a big problem, that way, you will allow a slow and gentle awakening. BUT, if you postpone it twice, three or four times, and eventually you get back to sleep, you will break the sleep cycle, which may start again.
After such interrupted sleep we get up irritated, moody, with problems with concentration. I am sure you know what I am talking about. Who doesn´t appreciate that extra five minutes, and then another five minutes, and then another...right? :D
So, if you are not quite an early bird, and don´t want to start your day with bad mood, try this playlist which was created in collaboration by Spotify and psychologist David Greenberg. Songs in the playlist were selected by special criteria, like speed, fluency and rythm. They should give you positive energy and help you to wake up.
1. Coldplay - Viva La Vida
2. St. Lucia - Elevate
3. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Downtown
4. Bill Withers - Lovely Day
5. Avicii - Wake Me Up
6. Pentatonix - Can't Sleep Love
7. Demi Lovato - Confident
8. Arcade Fire - Wake Up
9. Hailee Steinfeld - Love Myself
10. Sam Smith - Money On My Mind
11. Esperanza Spalding - I Can't Help It
12. John Newman - Come and Get It
13. Felix Jaehn - Ain’t Nobody (Loves Me Better)
14. Mark Ronson - Feel Right
15. Clean Bandit - Rather Be
16. Katrina & The Waves - Walking on Sunshine
17. Imagine Dragons - On Top of the World
18. MisterWives - Reflections
19. Carly Rae Jepsen - Warm Blood
20. iLoveMemphis - Hit The Quan
Tracks should have gradual onset. Songs, which has an early onset and are fast from the beginning will not help. If a song is starting slowly, even for a few seconds, it can help you wake up gradually. While choosing a song to help you wake up, beside a rythm and melody are also important lyrics. Clearly, the song about broken heart or depression won´t help you to tune in the good mood.